The Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce offers numerous volunteer opportunities for our members who are looking to make a real difference in their community while expanding their professional and personal contacts. Whatever your interest or expertise, there is bound to be a committee for you. Committee involvement is a great benefit of your Chamber membership. Serving on a Chamber committee allows your voice to be heard about important issues impacting local economic and business development. The work and accomplishments from our committees are truly the driving force of our Chamber.
We invite you to sign-up for a committee by completing the on-line form below or downloading a pdf version. If you have questions or need additional information regarding a particular committee, please contact us by phone at 864-226-3454 or by email at email@example.com.
Invest a little of your time and a lot of your talent! Take this opportunity to help Anderson grow and prosper! Serve on a Chamber committee and let your light shine!
The mission of the Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce is to create an environment for healthy economic growth in the Anderson area and provide superior value for our members.
Business Development Council
Purpose: To foster a climate for an improved economic environment by encouraging relationships with local municipalities, state agencies, and area educational institutions.
- Monitor legislative issues as they pertain to water resource concerns
- Facilitate discussion concerning water resources with all communities surrounding Lake Hartwell
- Continue on-going dialogue with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Community Development Council
Purpose: To strengthen the community through leadership development and community enhancement projects and programs.
Leadership Anderson Board of Regents*
- Select, develop and graduate a group of informed, committed and qualified individual capable of providing leadership for the Anderson area
Junior Leadership Anderson
- Select, develop, and graduate area high school juniors who recognize and comprehend community challenges and foster leadership qualities and skills
Leadership Anderson Alumni Association*
- Connect Leadership Anderson graduates with local community service and leadership opportunities
* Graduation from the Leadership Anderson program is required for this committee.
**Graduation from the Discover Anderson program is required for this committee.
Government Affairs Council
Purpose: To provide leadership in support of pro-business legislation and access to our elected officials on a local, state, and national level
Public Policy & Forums
- Provide members with access to elected representatives and key government officials
- Provide strong business advocacy on legislation and regulatory issues affecting Anderson and Upstate businesses
- Recommend to the Chamber Board, Chamber positions as needed on key business issues that affect the business community
- Develop an annual Legislative Agenda for the Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce
- Conduct on-going forums for local, state and national elected officials to receive input on business related issues
Membership & Special Events Council
Purpose: Overall responsibility for membership recruitment, retention and communications, as well as providing an opportunity for networking, promotion, education and recognition of Chamber membership.
- Serve as the volunteer service branch of the Chamber
- Contact fellow members to promote chamber benefits and to encourage involvement in events, programs and committees
- Serve as volunteers for ribbon cutting and milestone anniversary events
Business Advancement Committee
- Utilize member resources and personnel as well as collaborate with professional firms and institutions of learning to enhance educational opportunities for the business community
- Plan and execute Business & Education seminars and forums on current topics and issues that affect all aspects of business operation
- Plan and execute the bi-annual Small Business Expo
- Plan and execute the monthly Toast ‘n Topics business breakfast events featuring speakers on timely issues and topics (hosted on the first Friday of each month)
- Sponsor the annual Small Business Awards Luncheon and present the Small Business of the Year Award, Pillar of Anderson Business Award, ATHENA Award and ATHENA Young Professional Award.
Women’s Business Advancement Committee
- Plan and execute Electric Women’s Brunch
- Plan and execute Little Black Dress: The Event
Spring Golf Invitational
- Organize and coordinate the Spring Golf Invitational event
- Lead generation
- Membership retention
Please complete the form (Click Here To Download), select your top three (3) committee preferences, and fax to the Chamber at (864) 226-3300. For more information, call the Chamber at (864) 226-3454.