TATT Anderson County Workshop: Education and Employment: Next Steps for Success
Join us for the TATT Anderson County Workshop Education and Employment: Next Steps for Success on Monday, November 18, 2019 from 9:00 - 11:00 AM at the Western Upstate Association of Realtors.
Ten at the Top is celebrating 10 years of connecting the Upstate in 2019. As part of the 10th anniversary, TATT is holding community workshops in each of the 10 Upstate counties with each one focused on an issue of interest within that county. The program will include communities, businesses or organizations that are successfully working on that issue in other parts of the Upstate sharing insights and ideas with those interested in that specific issue within the focus county.
The Anderson County Workshop will take place on November 18th with the topic being Education and Employment: Next Steps for Success.
Based on a recent community indicators report, an overview will be given by Michael Cunningham, Vice President for Advancement at AnMed Health. That will be followed by a panel, moderated by Carol Burdette, president and CEO of United Way of Anderson County, with experts in five crucial areas that represent challenges for individuals trying to take advantage of educational and employment opportunities:
- Jeff Parkey, Anderson County Planning Director, will talk about affordable housing
- Rich Jones, CEO/COO of FAVOR (Faces and Voices of Recovery) Greenville, will address addiction and substance abuse issues
- Jenni Creamer, Assistant Vice President and Dean of College Transitions at Tri-County Technical College, will talk about educational pathways for adults
- Eric Turner, Assistant Director of AOP Mental Health Center, will address mental health issues
- Keith Scott, Transit Director for Electric City Transit, will talk about transportation challenges