At Wren Hospice we believe that care should be patient-centered. We believe that hospice is a gift and we work around the clock to provide compassionate and attentive care to every person touched by our program.
Wren Hospice provides in-home care and inpatient care for people with life-limiting illnesses. We also strive to provide a positive, supportive environment for their families as well. We believe that hospice is a gift and this time in the life of a family can be an opportunity for spiritual and emotional healing.
- At Wren Hospice our patients and the families of our patients always come first.
- We will admit patients within two hours of the doctor’s orders with patient and family consents.
- Our Medical Director assesses each new admission at admission and at each recertification period.
- Wren Hospice has daily contact with our patients.
- Our nurses are on call and available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- We communicate with the patient’s physician and family regarding the progress of care provided in the manner they choose.
- We encourage our patients to keep their doctor’s appointments. The family doctor is still a vital part of the care network and we work diligently with them to ensure that every need is addressed.
- We follow our families for 13 months after the loss of their loved ones, offering letters of support, phone calls or visits. Our Spiritual Care Coordinator is always available.
For more information, please call
Greer Office (864)326-3242; Fax (864)326-3433
Anderson Office (864)642-1279; Fax (864)642-0534