At Wren Hospice we believe that care should be patient-centered. We believe that hospice is a gift and we work around the clock to provide compassionate and attentive care to every person touched by our program.
Wren Hospice provides in-home care and inpatient care for people with life-limiting illnesses. We also strive to provide a positive, supportive environment for their families as well. We believe that hospice is a gift and this time in the life of a family can be an opportunity for spiritual and emotional healing.
For more information, please call
Greer Office (864)326-3242; Fax (864)326-3433
Anderson Office (864)642-1279; Fax (864)642-0534
- At Wren Hospice our patients and the families of our patients always come first.
- We will admit patients within two hours of the doctor’s orders with patient and family consents.
- Our Medical Director assesses each new admission at admission and at each recertification period.
- Wren Hospice has daily contact with our patients.
- Our nurses are on call and available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- We communicate with the patient’s physician and family regarding the progress of care provided in the manner they choose.
- We encourage our patients to keep their doctor’s appointments. The family doctor is still a vital part of the care network and we work diligently with them to ensure that every need is addressed.
- We follow our families for 13 months after the loss of their loved ones, offering letters of support, phone calls or visits. Our Spiritual Care Coordinator is always available.