JOB OPENING: Investor Relations Manager
Grow, connect and influence our membership with your Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce.
For 118 years the Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce has been working every day to make Anderson County a better place to live, work and grow a business. This is a rare opportunity to be part of that important work.
If you like to be at the center of the action, then the Chamber is the place to be. You will have the chance to establish relationships with every business in Anderson County from large public companies, industries, to neighborhood merchants and restaurants. The Chamber connects businesses to each other and to new ideas, helps them grow and expands their influence by meeting with government decision-makers to advocate on their behalf and to ensure business-friendly conditions exist.
But the Chamber is not for everyone. It’s a high-performing team that expects a lot of every member of our team and delivers amazing results.
Values: Non-negotiable principles that we will not compromise that guide our decision-making.
2. Partnerships and Regional Cooperation
5. Building Community
6. Diversity and Inclusiveness
7. Respect and Integrity
Selling solutions to businesses in Anderson County and opportunities that support our members’ business growth.
Supporting businesses to be more successful, and especially helping them grow, is the core mission of the Chamber of Commerce.
This sales role actively seeks out businesses to determine the right products and services that they need to support their current business challenges. The Investor Relations Manager delivers results by closing new sales to meet and exceed sales targets contributing to the growth of the Chamber. You are a listener and can work collaboratively to suggest solutions to both growth-focused entrepreneurs and business advocates.
• Seek new businesses for membership, advertising, programming, and business savings programs.
• Close sales to meet monthly sales targets.
• Provide solutions and answer questions from prospects in a timely manner.
• Stay current with business trends, issues, and needs to understand how the Chamber value proposition can help businesses be more successful.
• Prepare sales reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Accurately maintain prospect and member data in our database program.
• Participate in networking events and make introductions for our new members.
• Attend and support Chamber events and member welcome receptions.
• Surprise and delight: bring new thinking, and never-before seen ideas to the table.
• Experience: 3-5 years of B2B sales experience, volunteer experience.
• Proven ability to close sales and meet or exceed sales targets.
• Demonstrated ability to prospect and close the sale.
• Determination to support the team.
• Experience in selling services and experiences.
• Entrepreneurial spirit, track record of initiatives and results, and ownership of work.
• Comfortable with accountability.
• Enthusiasm and a positive attitude, ability to maintain grace under pressure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Flexibility to work early mornings and some evenings as needed.
The Anderson Area Chamber of Commerce Offers:
• A non-profit environment, supporting big-profit ideas.
• A competitive compensation package that promotes goal achievement.
• Health, dental and insurance benefits, great time off (vacation, sick time, personal and birthday day off, holidays recognized) as well as a wonderful retirement benefits plan.
Please send a cover letter with salary expectation and your resume for consideration by Monday, December 14 at 5:00 p.m. to Pamela Christopher, our President & CEO to her email address: firstname.lastname@example.org