SC Governor announces pandemic protections for businesses
Governor McMaster Calls for Passage of COVID Liability Protection Bill in 2021 State of the State Address
On Wednesday night, South Carolina Governor McMaster delivered his 4th State of the State Address to the General Assembly and the citizens of the State. He touched on many of the items addressed in his Executive Budget as well as several other priorities including:
1. COVID-19 liability protections for businesses acting in good faith to follow public health guidance.
2. $500 million set aside in a "rainy day" reserve fund.
3. $123 million for small business grants administered by the state Department of Commerce in the same manner as the federal CARES Act funds.
4. $30 million for broadband expansion at the Office of Regulatory Staff.
5. A 1% tax reduction over five years in the event South Carolina experiences a 5% or more increase in General Fund Revenue.
6. $35 million for K-12 teacher step salary increases.